Thursday, April 5, 2012

World Horror 2012 - the aftermath

There are times in one's life where almost everything goes right. It seems that last weekend the laws of probability decided it was going to happen to a whole bunch of people at once. I'm pretty good with words, but I can't quite get it down. I do know that I heard person after person say that this was the best con they've ever been to. I also know that I'm one of those. Were I to even thank the individual people who made it a great time for me, the number would go way past thirty, and I'm sure I'd leave people out. Besides, you don't want to read about how Norm Rubenstein, Steven Booth, Leya Booth of Genius Publishing were the first people ever to make me feel comfortable in my own writer's skin rather than having to steal someone else's. Or how Brian Knight became my biggest advocate almost immediately upon meeting him. I'd be boring Hell out of you if I mentioned Chris Payne, Brad Carpenter, and Brett Talley of JournalStone taking me under their wings and giving me some good lessons on how to talk to editors, plus actually asking my advice on a cover design. I'll be damned by you all if I have to talk about how Gabrielle Faust actually knocked through a long-running brick wall in a novel I couldn't finish, or how Don D'Auria of Samhain went through the rest of the novel with me. Plus there's Martel Sardina, my new friend. Uh, oh, they're playing me off, so... J. Skipp, J. Strand, D. Fitzgerald, J. Wagner, N. Grabowski, A.L. McCoy, you were all great. M. Marano, M. Rowe, I miss you when we can't talk. ROCKY WOOD FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment