Monday, February 6, 2012

A laughing streak ended

I have trouble writing funny. Were you to meet me, and you could get over the fact that I'm an arrogant elitist, you would find me extremely funny and smarter than you. See, that wasn't funny. Told you so. My type of humor is reactive, dependent on another to make the first move.

On most days, it's my goal to make everyone I meet laugh at least once. One day last month, I had a streak going. 13 in a row! Just one more, an extremely friendly cashier. While in line I busied myself trying to read him, trying to write the perfect line that would have him howling. And I utterly failed. I was so busy trying to play the game that I forgot the players. It would be nice to stop trying so hard and just be.

But I'm suffering Early Onset Asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment